Super Visa

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit.

A requirement of applying for a Super Visa is one year of medical coverage, for a minimum insured amount of $100,000.


Q: What is the minimum amount of coverage that I need?
A: You need at least $100,000 of coverage—which all of our plans can provide.

Q: Is there an age limit?
A: While some plans have limits, we have plans available that can cover you at any age.

Q: How long does my coverage need to be?
A: You must be covered for one year.

Q: What happens if my visa is denied?
A: You can get a full refund on your insurance with proof that your visa was denied. (If no proof of denial is provided, you could be charged a fee of up to $250.)

Q: What happens if it takes longer than expected for my visa to arrive?
A: If you are still awaiting the visa and your effective date is approaching, you should contact your agent to change the effective date. Keep in mind that you must do this before your coverage begins.

Q: What happens if my visa is approved, but my travel dates change?
A: You can contact your agent to change your dates of coverage, as long as you contact them before the effective date.

Q: If I am only travelling for one month, can I buy Super Visa insurance for that month only?
A: If you are travelling to Canada with a Super Visa, you must purchase a one-year policy in order to be eligible. Once you have returned home, you can apply for a partial refund (with proof of your early return, provided you have no claims on file). Most insurers will charge a small fee for this (usually $25).

Q: If I leave Canada before the year is over, can I get any money back?
A: Once you are back home, you can apply for a partial refund (with proof of your early return, provided you have no claims on file). Most insurers will charge a small fee for this (usually $25). However, if you later decide to return to Canada before the year is up, you will need to provide proof of your one-year coverage upon re-entry.

Q: If I am planning to stay in Canada for two years, can I buy the insurance for two years?
A: No, policies can only be issued for one year at a time. However, once you are nearing the end of your first year, we can renew your plan. Will Super Visa insurance cover me if I make side trips to other countries? Visitors to Canada plans allow side trips, provided at least 51% of the coverage dates are spent in Canada. The trip must also commence and end in Canada.

Q: Are pre-existing conditions covered?
A: Yes, travellers up to age 79 can be covered for most pre-existing conditions, provided they meet certain stability requirements. For travellers aged 80 and over, coverage of pre-existing conditions may be offered after a detailed medical questionnaire and underwriter approval.

Q: How are payments made?
A: By credit card.

Q: Can I pay month by month?
A: No, the premium must be paid up front.

Q: Is there any way to lower my insurance premium?
A: Yes! You can take a deductible to lower your premium. For more information about this option, feel free to contact us

Wholelife Financial Services

Direct : 416-998-5656
Email :